Sunday School and Education
Sunday School Classes meet on Sundays from 9:15 to 10:15am during the academic school year (typically September-May). Classes are available for all ages. Please contact Charlene Rineer or Pastor Henderson for more information about any Sunday School group. Sunday School participation allows all of us to continue learning about our Lord and continuing to grow in Faith.
Children and Teens
The Sunday School Classes available for children and teens are organized by the following age groups and grades:
- Kindergarten through Second
- Third through Fifth
- Sixth through eighth (Confirmation)
- High School
The preschool and elementary classes use the Spark lessons that follow the lessons used in church each Sunday. The middle school group uses the confirmation lessons entitled Here We Stand. The High School group explores a variety of every day topics together and relate them to faith life and the Bible.
The Adult Sunday School groups at Christ’s Lutheran are varied. All classes are Biblically based and encourage discussion and exploration. Videos, books, and other materials may be used.
Other educational opportunities for adults change throughout the year. These include the activities below:
- A Women’s Bible Study Group meets on Thursdays. There is a morning and evening session. These Bible Studies primarily use Beth Moore Bible Studies.
- A Movie Discussion Group has two studies per year that meets on a number of Sunday evenings. Movies viewed and studied previously are God’s Not Dead, Do You Believe, and War Room.
- Practice Discipleship Studies happen occasionally and are based on an ELCA initiatives to equip youth and adults to live and speak faith together on a daily basis. The theme for 2016 is WONDER. Please join us to continue to exploring sharing your faith with others!